Be Here for Kids
Child safety is a national priority. That's why the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children has partnered with Clear Channel Outdoors and Clear Channel Airports to be here for kids.
But we can't do it alone.
We're asking you to take the next steps.
Should I teach my child "stranger danger"? What should children know about cyberbullying? NCMEC's free resources can help you answer these questions and help you take action.
- Take steps to protect children
- Talk to children about safety
- Keep a card of your child's identifying information
- Teach Internet safety with NetSmartz.org
- Educate children about abduction prevention with KidSmartz.org
Be a child safety champion. Invite friends, schools, community organizations and businesses to learn more about child safety issues and how they can be here for kids. Distribute NCMEC resources, display missing children's photos, or volunteer for NCMEC.
Spread the word! One share, like or tweet can help deliver free child safety resources to your friends and followers.
Here's three messages you can share right now:
- Kids don't get "stranger danger. "Find out what to teach instead at www.KidSmartz.org/StrangerDanger #BeHereForKids.
- Nearly half of children with autism will wander from safe environments. Learn how to #BeHereForKids at www.MissingKids.org/Autism.
- Learn the facts to #BeHereForKids: 31% escaped attempted abductions by yelling, kicking and pulling away www.missingkids.org/AttemptedAbductions.
We rely on the support of our partners and individuals like you. Every donation helps to fund our search for missing children, provide free prevention programs, and ensure there is someone to answer calls to 1-800-THE-LOST®, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Behind the campaign
NCMEC's Be Here for Kids campaign encourages the public to get involved in our mission to find and protect children.
Thanks to a generous donation of national outdoor advertising space from Clear Channel Outdoors and Clear Channel Airports, messages like the one below can be found in cities and airports across the nation.
Download the Be Here for Kids EPK, including b-roll of the billboards and NCMEC.